We are delighted to announce that our Hannah is soon to be going on maternity leave to welcome baby Dixie to the world.
With this, a full time maternity cover position is now available, within the Destination Southampton office.
We are seeking someone to join our team who has the following:
Team spirit and great communication skills, enthusiasm, professionalism and excellent writing skills. This role will be most suited to someone able to work under pressure in a small team and with excellent attention to detail. Hours are mainly office hours as above however we also have approximately 40-60 events per year some of which take place in the early morning or evening. Ability to use own initiative and previous experience in the event, hotel or conference industry is required. A car and driving license is essential to the role.
Key responsibilities within the role are:
– Liaising with regional, national and international conference and event organisers
– Planning bespoke and regular events
– Assisting and guiding clients with their event requirements and venue selection in order to prepare proposals
– Venue research
– Negotiating availability and rates with venues
– Arranging and attending site visits with customers in order to achieve the event proposal and vision
– Communicating with venues and clients to confirm contracts
– Handling large budgets to book conferences, events and accommodation
– Being part of the team involves with Event Managing events for 10 to 2000+ delegates
– Onsite management ensuring the smooth operation of the event
– On site event registration and managing guest lists
– Coordinating all correspondence for the delegates, pre and post event for some clients
– Responding to the client’s customer’s registrations or queries
– Managing post event feedback reports for analysis
– Managing multi social media streams and accounts
– Ensuring that the website is up to date with event news
– Producing newsletters which are circulated to 12,000+ contacts
– Full event administration support including producing event running orders, place cards, table plans etc..
– Supplying out of hours support where necessary
Company: Destination Southampton Limited Unit 43 Basepoint Andersons Road Southampton SO14 5FE
Contact: Shirley Pinn email@example.com
Hours: Monday to Friday (8.30am to 5.30pm) plus support at Events
Start: Approx. Monday 22nd August 2016 for a minimum of 6 months, possibly increasing to 12 months
Reporting To: Managing Director
Salary: To be discussed based on experience
To apply for this position please send your application letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th June 2016.
Interviews will take place during July 2016 in Southampton.